About Me

My photo
Specializing in Special FX Make-Up and Design, Sculpture, Comic Books, Storyboards, Stopmotion. Working at Legacy Fx and Aunt Dolly's Garage as a Freelance artist. Based In Los Angeles, CA

Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Work in PLASTIC!

A piece I worked on entitled "Va Va Voom." A concept for my friends 3-d animation short. This one is made of plastic, fully hand painted. The first prototype/cast. I used Smooth-on Oomoo to make the interior mold and plaster around that for the mother mold. And finally Smooth-Cast 25 for the cast. I was surprised how much detail was achieved on the final product. The original was made from super sculpey. For the necklace, I used little pieces of metal and fake diamonds to achieve something elegant looking. The paint is Acrylic.

No comments: